Network Support Specialist - Burnaby, BC
Encaptis Business Solutions Inc. is a privately-owned company that is recognized as one of the fastest growing systems integration companies in Western Canada. We provide businesses with end-to-end software solutions that streamline their operational and managerial processes. We currently have an opening for an Intermediate Network Support Specialist. The successful candidate will have three to five years of experience supporting IT environments for small and medium businesses (SMB sector). As a member of our outsourced IT team, you will be providing remote and on-site support for clients in the Lower Mainland.
Experience with software used by our customers will be very important; however Encaptis Business Solutions Inc also places a large emphasis on customer service and pre-sales activities to support our growth in the solutions and services sector. This will include the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to a very broad range of audiences ranging from small business owners to high-level individuals in corporate environments.
In this hands-on role, you will be responsible for:
- Frontline IT support including Desktop/Laptop, Phone/Voice System, Wireless devices, Printers etc.
- Maintain Help Desk email account, assign ticket numbers and follow-up on issues
- Install / configure / maintain IT equipment
- Troubleshoot Windows 7, Microsoft Office, Outlook, network, hardware and software issues
- Complete equipment user moves and new hire additions
- Perform new hire orientation on IT equipment and corporate IT policies
We are seeking candidates that will bring the following skills and experience:
- Ability to work independently while supporting a team of remote workers
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to be responsive to customer support requests while balancing daily tasks and responsibilities
- Prioritization skills in order to triage incoming client issues
- Superior verbal communication skills and listening skills in order to correspond with internal clients, diagnose issues and resolve problems
- Degree or College Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution (or equivalent) coupled with complementary experience
To successfully execute in this role you will have 2-5 years’ experience in a Network Support role. Experience in information technology or professional service sectors is an asset. As well as working in the small to medium enterprise and/or VAR environment would be beneficial. Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently are all key attributes.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com. More information about Encaptis can be found atwww.encaptis.com. In the subject line please state the name of the position and the location. We appreciate all expressed interest in this position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.